T-Rex Doing a Sweet Kick Flip! T-Rex Doing a Sweet Kick Flip!

Good Idea, your T-rex joke.

Bad Idea, having the same joke repeated 3 times instead of having 3 different knowing you can deliver good puns. If you wanted to tell only this joke, it would rise the views having it only once. Perhaps, I'm wrong, the rest of the reviews will tell.

Visually speaking: Nice one!

Keep it up.

jessejayjones responds:

Thank you for the feedback! You're absolutely right, so I cut out the repeating segments. Thank you for checking it out, I really appreciate it! :)

Spider vs bats animatic Spider vs bats animatic

I think you need to work some more in your timing and composition. Some shots were pretty slow for a fight scene, and others need improve in clarity / readability and focus. Having your characters drawn red and black helps identifying them, but still some of the shots were a little confusing or could be improved.

In any case, some of the shots are also visual candy, keep drawing those.

PD: Batman looks kind thing to me, but that's up to you as "art director".

Neochilds responds:

Thanks for you comment dude but this is an animatic. An animatic is a moving storyboard hence why you may think the pacing is slow. It's also to convey where and if I should or should not increase the pacing for a shot more so for visual reference but thank you anyway for taking the time to watch and provide your feedback. Unfortunately this project was shelved and the full production will not happen.

Batman mines bigger Batman mines bigger

Just like others say, you need to improve your audio design, and by that I don't only mean the quality of the samples but all the audio. It sounds weird when nothing sounds at all; some music and / or sound bed for the ambience will improve it.

Finally, work on your lighting too so your models (legos in this case) look better on camera. Keep them in focus and experiment with shadows too; take advantage of them (specially if you're doing something about batman or any similar).

Search for ilumination tips.

Overall, good job.

duffosaur responds:

yeah i admit the lighting was bad, i was trying to make it look dark but when i was filming it, it looked fine and i just got i new bulb so that will help
but thanks for the feedback

impossible shooter2.0 impossible shooter2.0

I think you should reconsider another keys to control the character, with the current ones is not comfortable trying to move, jump and shoot at the same time because changing the hands position is needed.
Perhaps having the wasd instead of the arrow keys would help, unless you're actually trying to make this shooter "impossible" in which case I recommend you to look for the game or videos about "The Unfair Platformer".

benjachok responds:

thanks i'm rebuilding this game in new version.

Omega Shooter (v 1.31) Omega Shooter (v 1.31)

There are a lot of small details still to work on like the fonts, the item graphics, perhaps a background design not so dull, etc.
But a really important detail missing is a reward system. The recipe for games is to challenge the player and give her / him a reward for succeed. And then, give new challenges, not so easy to get dull, but neither to hard to frustrate the player.

The game already has a score system, but there's nothing you can do with them; when you die it just repeats erasing completely your last score. You could at least have a "Highest Score" value, perhaps even a badge / highest score online system later. A store where you can buy upgrades is also a known formula. It's very discouraging having the main character like that, with no music, black screen or something. Something that told you "Superb, you just took 2000 wicked bugs along with you to the grave" or "Come on! How could you not shoot a single one?" etc etc

In any case, I read this is your first game, and overall it works fine, I did find no bugs so far, and is fun, but it could be much more fun to play with some tweaks. For example,

Btw The yellow foes remind me of the protoss dragoons. Which I think is cool.

Keep it up rBewowulf.

Make Everyone Okay Make Everyone Okay

Some optional music may help, but so far the game mechanics are nice. The same concept would be great for a mobile device.

0x6a61686e responds:

I agree on the music, but couldn't come up with a decent soundtrack. :(

I'll see if I can pump something out tonight. Thanks for the tips!

Edit: Music added! You were right, it added a lot. :)

Beethoven Moonlight Mvt3 Remix Beethoven Moonlight Mvt3 Remix

This is the best remix of the Moonlight Sonata I've heard. I love how you treated the arpegios going up and down.
This piece has some good rhythm / mood changes and that's why I chose for my last demo reel over others.

"Balcony Rain" - Piano "Balcony Rain" - Piano

Very nice, calmed and smooth. Pretty easy to modify / edit to use as background music.

I added your music in a video presentation about what to do after some critical success, it's the final work for some course of my sister and I helped her a bit gathering the pieces.
Your music helped a lot making it more bearable adding mood and timing.
It's on youtube and the vid Id is " WdEeaLmwMII ".

For the time being, you're being credited on the video description because of time limits restrictions. The plan is adding the credit inside the video after it is evaluated (I wanted to upload it to vimeo so I could just reupload it, but it doesn't seem to work uploading stuff right now).

I'll check another of your songs. Keep up the good work.

XayberOptix responds:

Thank you for your encouragement!

An Accordion Sample An Accordion Sample

Very entertaining to hear.
Used it here: